Wish Upon A Dish: Ina Garten's Chocolate Cake Redux

March 1, 2010

Ina Garten's Chocolate Cake Redux





























Before the days of my "Diabetic Watch" I made this cake, still in a bundt pan without frosting or icing, but I didn't worry about sugar or fats. I decided I wanted to still make my cake and eat it too, so I did a Diabetic remake of it. Hubby said he couldn't tell the difference so I must have done OK.

Ina's Chocolate Cake Redux
* 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
* 2 cups Splenda
* 3/4 cups good cocoa powder
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1 cup fat-free buttermilk, shaken
* 1/2 cup canola oil (can sub apple sauce)
* 1/2 cup egg beaters
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 1 cup freshly brewed hot coffee

Spray bundt pan with PAM and bake at 350 degrees for 35 mins.
Cool for 30 mins invert onto cake plate. Can serve with confectioners sugar but I use Cool-Whip FREE.
Serving size is 1/12th.
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments :