Wish Upon A Dish: My Deck Garden

July 9, 2010

My Deck Garden


Aren't these just the cutest little tomatoes you have ever seen? You better say YES.
Considering the massive heat wave last & this week I am surprised we have anything growing. Don't laugh but on Wednesday the sun was so oppressive it was burning the leaves of my tommys, eggplants, swiss chard and peppers that I took a sheer curtain panel and draped it over my veggies. Within 10 minutes, I swear, they perked up and today when I took it off I now have 4 'lil peppers peeking through their protective flower (about the size of a large pea), the 3 yellow grape tomatoes and 2 eggplants.....YAY!!!

Mind you I only have 2 crates and 1 self-watering 11" pot but it's enough for me. Every year I add a new pot, this year the chard was new. Inspired by Rick Bayless' PBS show.






I planted 4 San Marzano tomato plants, 2 yellow grape tomato plants, 4 Italian frying pepper plants and 2 Rosa Eggplant plants.



1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Love your deck garden idea!