Wish Upon A Dish: Joy Bauer's Book Reviews

June 8, 2011

Joy Bauer's Book Reviews

Just when I thought I was unappreciated I received an email from the staff over at the Joy Bauer Food Cures site.

The content basically was......that Joy is looking to partner with high-authority bloggers by offering them a platform to reach her audience. They're going to be starting a "spotlight" blogger program this summer, and are looking for experts like myself to participate.

To start with, Joy wants to earn a link to her site from here--sending me free copies of two books to review. Then, as they are building the editorial calendar for their spotlight program, they will work with their link partners to promote our work on their site.

I was skeptical, let's face it, nothing is ever that "free" so I responded, expecting not to hear back from them. I thought it was another attempt to sell me something or it was pure spam. I had to think long & hard about responding.

After all, I am not a big money making, thousand follower-type blog. I don't even want a Facebook account.

To my surprise, they got back to me the very next day and everything appeared to be legit.

Good to their word, I received two of Joy Bauer's recently published books, a cookbook and a nutritional bible of sorts.

Thumbing through it I quickly realized that her FOOD CURES book is a definitive work that encompasses the full spectrum of nutrition but broken down into sections and ailments. It is full of information, all carefully indexed and referenced based on the ailments you are trying to feed.

I wish I had known about this book when I started my journey of understanding Diabetes and how to control it through food.

I promised them I would give an honest, non-biased review of both books, so starting next week I will make 1 to 2 recipes from her cookbook "Slim & Scrumptious" and let you know if I like them or not.

I am notorious for tweaking recipes but I will follow these to the letter and after my review suggest changes I might make if I was to cook the recipe again. I am hoping that I have found a Diabetic cookbook worthy of cooking out of with as little changing as possible.

As the summer progresses, I will post recipes and snippets from her books, as there is a lot of information to digest. I already see a negative in her cookbook....the nutritionals do not list the grams of sugar per serving. I am sure the recipes are low-cal, low-fat but I would like to know.

No comments :