Wish Upon A Dish: Pork Cutlets in a Lemon Garlic Sauce

January 9, 2012

Pork Cutlets in a Lemon Garlic Sauce



This is the pork recipe I used and for which I made the bread dumplings.
Although the recipe called for sautéed cutlets, we like them panéed (breaded).

It does not change a thing with the recipe, you still use the garlic oil.
I butterflied boneless loin chops that I brined for 8 hours. They were tender and moist, I just love brining.

Sauteed Pork Cutlets with Lemon Garlic Sauce
Adapted from The Best Simple Recipes - America's Test Kitchen
Serves 4

* 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
* 6 garlic cloves, sliced thin
* 3 tablespoons lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
* Salt and pepper
* 8 thin-boneless pork cutlets

1. Combine oil, paprika, sugar, pepper flakes and garlic in bowl and microwave until bubbling, about 1 minute. Reserve 2 tablespoon garlic oil, then whisk lemon juice and parsley into remaining oil mixture and season with salt and pepper.

2. Pat cutlets dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Rub cutlets with reserved garlic oil and saute in a heavy pan until golden on each side (about 2 minutes each side). Tent with foil and let rest, about 5 minutes. Drizzle with sauce and serve.

Review: Very, very tasty. I love lemon and garlic and this did not disappoint. The slight sweetness of the sugar softens the edges. I will make this again.
I dotted the dumplings with butter and baked them at 350° for 20 minutes. They heated well.

No comments :