Wish Upon A Dish: Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts

September 26, 2012

Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts



Last week I made a Catalan spinach recipe to use in a stuffing for bone-in chicken breasts.
The Nudge loves the chicken cooked with the bone and I don't blame him.

If you have trouble determining when chicken is cooked, I would suggest buying bone-in parts, not only are they tastier, they remain juicy even if you tend to overcook your poultry. It's a win-win for all.

It also is easier to stuff. Take a few tablespoons of stuffing, loosen the skin and push the stuffing under the skin and secure with a pick. An instant read thermometer right through the thickest part of the meat should register 160° (you can see where I speared this breast). I grilled mine while the weather is still cooperating and I can see what I'm grilling.

To make the stuffing you will need 1/2 recipe of this or you use plain sauteed spinach with garlic & olive oil.



These breasts were huge so we shared one. The skin stayed crisp and the meat was tender. A simple side of angel hair pasta with browned butter and herbs made The Nudge happy, it's his favorite.

I am making a chicken and spinach dumpling stew with my lovely leftovers. Stay tuned for that recipe.
Another healthy way to enjoy a tasty meal.

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments :