Wish Upon A Dish: TGIF - Omelet with Skillet Potatoes, Extreme Budget, Day Twenty-Two

December 12, 2012

TGIF - Omelet with Skillet Potatoes, Extreme Budget, Day Twenty-Two


TGIF - I wrote this post last Friday. That's how behind I am. I do apologize but today could be a Monday or Wednesday to me. All I know is this will not be published on a Friday.
I have lost track of time. The only reason I know it's Friday is because tickets to the Giants game needed to be given to someone else because I am not 100% and with the rain and cold, am not risking getting worse. One of the guys The Nudge works with is taking his family. I am glad they went to someone who really appreciated the chance to go.

Getting sick right before Christmas is the pits. I have a unique recipe for Cranberry Cheesecake that I have developed and before I make my final approach, I need to make one for testing. We have a huge family Christmas Reunion/80th Birthday Party in Philadelphia next weekend and I still have stocking stuffers and wrap I need to buy. My side entrance is still not decorated and with the rain I doubt I will be plugging in any light sets. Yes, really, TGIF.

To all of those celebrating Hanukkah, I wish you a week of peace and good will.

The Nudge wants a dinner omelet tonight. No, I am not making potato latkes, I was requested to make southwestern skillet potatoes. Now I know why I lean towards unfreedom of choice.

I suppose I could make two different kinds of potatoes but why would I? I don't even feel like making the one.
So if a blooper poops pops up on this blog in the near future, please forgive me although I am backwards and upside down, I will always TGIF.

Southwestern Skillet Potatoes
makes 2 very generous servings
* 1 large Russet Potato, cubed but not peeled
* 1/4 white onion, chopped
* 2" strip of green onion, small dice
* 1/4 teaspoon SW seasoning mix
* salt & pepper
* canola oil

1. Heat a nonstick pan and saute potatoes on one side on low heat for 15 minutes, or until they brown. Flip them over and repeat on the other side. Remove, salt and reserve.
2. Saute onions and peppers in same pan until soft. Add the seasoning, salt & pepper and potatoes.
3. Stir to mix and place on a sheet pan.
4. Right before eating, place the sheet pan in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes at 400°.

Cost for this meal: $ 1.26
Running total for 22 days: $71.03

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments :