Wish Upon A Dish: BBQ Chicken and Refried Bean Quesadillas

January 30, 2013

BBQ Chicken and Refried Bean Quesadillas

Last night I made quesadillas. I was The Nudge's idea actually, which surprised the hell out of me. He doesn't usually ask for Tex-Mex but we do have a lot of leftover chicken to eat and it was an excellent idea.

These would taste better if I could have gotten to my grill but I probably won't uncover that baby until Easter time. My cast iron skillet did just fine, thank you.

We were bad kiddies and each ate a whole one, they were that good.
This was what was in each one.

A layer of refried beans, sprinkled with minced jalapenos, topped with shredded chicken, a drizzle of BBQ sauce, then a mixture of cheddar and jack cheeses. I made a lime yogurt crema and pico de gallo.

I should make these more often, I forgot how simple and good they can be. Nothing in these is bad for you. Low fat, low carb and low fat Cabot cheeses and totally Diabetic Friendly.

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments :