Wish Upon A Dish: Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Pudding

October 24, 2013

Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Pudding


I can not pass up a great buy, especially on something that is no longer made, and fits right into my lifestyle.

I found a 1.5qt Crock Pot. No, not the little dipper one, this is a manual low-hi-off basic, no frills crock pot that is perfect for cooking for two. Recently the only place I have seen this, is on Ebay. If a large slow cooker is more than you need, seek this one out.

I also have a gigunda Corningware 6qt slow cooker that is perfect for making Sunday Sauce, applesauce and stock, especially in the quantities that you need to do a full day of canning. That one I have owned for over 25 years.

I probably should use my baby slow cooker more but because I work at home, there really is no reason. I make, maybe 10 things in that cooker, and I have a fail-proof bolognese for two recipe I love, I will make a huge batch of caramelized onions, and have been known to make a designer batch of fig jam for Christmas gifts.

I actually have three cookbooks dedicated to slow cookers for my Dad so he could easily make himself a nice big batch of soup or stew, but he refuses to read a recipe so they remain here, on my bookshelf. It was time to pull them out and see if there was something unique I could make out of one of them.

Seems the blogosphere is bursting with everything pumpkin, so I threw my dime into the pot with this version of pumpkin pie pudding. The Nudge loves pudding so I can't wait to surprise him with this.

Could not be any easier. 10 minutes of prep time, 6-7 hours in the slow cooker and you have a great little dessert. A crumbled graham cracker on top (for texture) and a dollop of whipped topping will make this special for any meal.The Nudgesaid it tasted like the pie without the crust. The best part.....I can use the leftovers to make pumpkin pie pancakes this weekend.

Pumpkin Pie Pudding
Adapted from The Everything Series - Slow Cooker

Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Unattended Time: 6-7 hours
Pot Size: 1.5 - 6 quarts

* 2 eggs
* 1 (15oz) can solid-packed pumpkin (not the pie filling)
* 1 (12oz) can fat free evaporated milk
* 3/4 cup sugar or 1/4 cup Truvia+1/2 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup reduced fat buttermilk biscuit mix
* 2 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
* 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
* 2 teaspoons vanilla
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

* 4 graham crackers, crumbled
* whipped topping

Beat the eggs with a whisk until slightly frothy. Mix together all the ingredients. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low setting for 6-7 hours.

Since I used the baby cooker, mine was cooked in 4 hours on low.

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments :